Welcome to BGC!
These Terms of Service (or "Terms") govern your use of BGC. By creating a BGC account or using BGC, you agree to these Terms.
We agree to provide the BGC Service to you. The Service includes all of the BGC products, features, applications, services, technologies and software that we provide to you in order to fulfill BGC's vocation: Your participation in a unique golfing community around the world. The Service includes the following aspects:
- Provide personalized opportunities to create, communicate, connect, discover and share
Each person is different. We want to strengthen your relationships through shared experiences that matter to you. In doing so, we create systems that attempt to determine who and what interests are important to you and to others, and we use that information to help you create, find, live and share experiences that are important to you. This includes showcasing content, features, offers and accounts that may be of interest to you, and offering you a variety of ways to use BGC depending on what you and others do on and outside of BGC.
- Create a positive, inclusive and safe environment
We develop and use tools, and provide resources for members of our community to help make their experiences positive and inclusive, including when we think they might need our help. We also have teams and systems that work to combat abuses and violations of our Terms and policies, as well as harmful and deceptive behavior. We use all of the information available to us, including yours, to attempt to maintain the security of our platform.
- Develop and use technologies allowing us to constantly offer services to our growing community
Managing and analyzing information for our growing community is essential to our Service. A large part of our Service is creating and using cutting-edge technologies capable of personalizing, protecting and improving our Service on a massive scale for an extended global community. Technologies such as artificial intelligence and machine learning give us the ability to apply complex processes across our Department. Automated technologies also allow us to ensure the functioning and integrity of our Service.
- Ensure access to our Service.
In order to operate our Service internationally, we must store and transfer data through our systems around the world, including outside your country of residence. The use of this global infrastructure is necessary and essential to provide our Service.
- Connect to brands, products and services in the way that works best for you
We use data from BGC as well as third party partners to show you advertisements, offers and other sponsored content that we believe will be of interest to you. We do our best to make this content as relevant as your other experiences on BGC.
- Research and innovation
We use the information available to us to study our Service and to collaborate with third parties on research, with the goal of improving our Service and contributing to the well-being of our community.
How is our Service funded
Instead of paying for the use of BGC, by using the Service covered by these Terms, you acknowledge that we may show you paid advertisements by businesses and organizations for us to promote on and outside BGC. We use your personal data, such as information about your activity and interests, to show you advertising that is more relevant to you.
We show you relevant and useful ads without telling advertisers who you are. We do not sell your personal data. We allow advertisers to give us information, such as their business purpose and the type of audience they want to show their ads to. Then, we show their ad to people who might be interested.
Additionally, we send advertisers reports on their ad performance to help them understand how people engage with their content on and off BGC. For example, we provide general demographic and interest-related information to advertisers to help them better understand their audience. We do not share any information that directly identifies you (information such as your name or email address which in itself may be used to contact or identify you) without obtaining your specific permission.
You may see branded content on BGC posted by account holders who promote products or services on the basis of a business relationship with the business partner mentioned in their content.
The Data Use Policys
Providing our Service requires the collection and use of your information. The Data Use Policy explains how we collect and use information. It also discusses the different ways you can control your information. You must agree to the Data Use Policy in order to use BGC.
In return for our commitment to provide the Service to you, we ask that you make the following commitments to us.
Who can use BGC. We want our Service to be as open and inclusive as possible, but we also want it to be safe, secure and compliant with the law. Therefore, we need you to commit to a few restrictions in order to be part of the BGC community.
- You must be at least 13 years old or have the minimum legal age required in your country to use BGC.
- You should not be prohibited from benefiting from any aspect of our service under applicable laws or from using payment services if you are on an applicable blacklist.
- Your account must not have already been deactivated for violating the law or our policies.
- You must not be a convicted sex offender.
Prohibited uses of BGC. Providing an open and secure Service to a large community requires everyone to do their part.
- You cannot impersonate others or provide false information. You are not obligated to disclose your identity on BGC, but you must provide us with accurate and up-to-date information (including registration information), which may include providing personal data. You cannot impersonate someone or something that you are not and you cannot create an account for another person unless you have their express permission.
- You may not do anything that is illegal, deceptive or fraudulent, or act for an illegal or prohibited purpose.
- You may not violate (nor aid or induce others to violate) these Terms or our policies.
- You may not do anything that interferes with or adversely affects the intended operation of the Service. This includes the misuse of any reporting, objection or remedy channel, such as by making fraudulent or unfounded reports or remedies.
- You may not attempt to create accounts, collect information or access it illegally. This includes creating accounts or collecting information automatically without our express permission.
- You may not sell, license, purchase any account or any data obtained from us or our Services. This includes attempts to buy, sell or transfer any aspect of your account (including your username); solicit, collect or use the login credentials or badges of other users; or request or collect BGC usernames, passwords, or hijack access tokens.
- You may not post another person's private or confidential information without permission or do anything that infringes the rights of another person, including intellectual property rights (eg copyright infringement, copyright infringement, trademark, counterfeit or pirated goods). You may use the works of another person subject to the exceptions or limitations to copyright and related rights under applicable law. You represent that you own or have obtained all necessary rights in relation to the content that you post or share.
- You may not modify, translate, create derivative works, or reverse engineer our products or their components.
The permissions you grant us. As part of our agreement, you also grant us the necessary permissions to provide the Service.
- We do not claim ownership of your content, but you grant us a license to use it.
No changes are made to your rights to your content. We do not claim ownership of any content you post on or through the Service and you are free to share your content with anyone, wherever you see fit. However, we do need certain legal permissions from you (which we call a “license”) to provide the Service. When you share, post or import content protected by intellectual property rights (such as photos or videos) on or in connection with our Service, you are granting us a non-exclusive, free, transferable, sublicensable and worldwide to host, use, distribute, modify, perform, copy, distribute or publicly display, translate and create derivative works of your content (in accordance with your privacy and application settings). The license ends when your content is removed from our systems. You can delete your content individually or all at once by deleting your account. To learn more about how we use information and how to monitor or remove your content, see the Data Use Policy.
- Authorization to use your username, profile picture, and information about your relationships and actions in connection with accounts, advertisements and sponsored content.
You give us permission to display your username, profile picture, and information about your actions (such as likes) and relationships (such as subscriptions) near or in connection with accounts, advertisements, offers and any other sponsored content that you follow or interact with, without paying you any compensation. For example, we may show that you liked a sponsored post created by a brand that paid us to show their ads on BGC. As with actions on other content and subscriptions to other accounts, actions on sponsored content and subscriptions to sponsored accounts are only visible to people who have permission to view or subscribe to that content. We also respect your advertising settings.
- You agree that we download and install updates to the Service on your device.
Additional rights that we keep
- If you choose a username or similar identifier for your account, we may change it if we believe it is appropriate or necessary to do so (for example, if it infringes on someone's intellectual property. one or impersonates another user).
- If you use content covered by intellectual property rights that we own and make available in our Service (for example, images, designs, videos or sounds that we provide and that you add to content that you create or share), we retain all rights to our content (but not yours).
- You may not use our intellectual property and trademarks, or any other similar mark, after receiving prior written permission from us.
- You must obtain our written permission or an authorization under an open source license to modify, create derivative works, decompile or attempt to extract our source code in any other way.
Removing content and deactivating or terminating your account
- We may remove any content or information you share on the Service if we believe there is a violation of these Terms of Service or our policies (including our BGC Community Guidelines), or if the law requires us to. authorizes or obliges it. We may immediately refuse to provide the Service to you or stop providing the Service to you in whole or in part in order to protect our community or our services, or if you create a risk or legal liability for us, violate these Terms of Service. or our policies (including our BGC Community Guidelines), if you repeatedly violate the intellectual property rights of others or if the law requires or permits. We may also modify or terminate the Service, remove or block content or information shared on our Service or cease providing all or part of the Service if we believe this is reasonably necessary in order to avoid or mitigate legal or regulatory consequences. that would be unfavorable to us. If you believe that your account has been deleted by mistake or if you wish to deactivate or delete your account permanently, consult us. When you request to remove content or your account, the removal process will automatically begin within 10 days of your request. It may take up to 30 days for content to be removed from the start of the removal process. When the process of removing such content begins, the content is no longer visible to other users, but remains subject to these Terms of Service and our Data Use Policy. After removal of content, it may take up to an additional 90 days to remove it from backup and disaster recovery systems.
- Content will not be deleted within 90 days of account deletion or the start of the content deletion process in the following situations:
- your content has been used by third parties in accordance with this license, and they have not removed it (in which case, this license continues to apply until the content is removed); or
- deletion within 90 days is not possible due to technical limitations of our systems, in which case we will proceed with deletion as soon as technically possible; or
- deletion would limit our ability to:
- identify or investigate illegal activities or violations of our terms and policies (for example, identify or investigate misuse of our products or systems);
- protect the security of our products, systems and users;
- comply with a legal obligation, such as the retention of evidence; or
- comply with the request of a judicial or administrative authority, law enforcement authority or government agency;
- in which case, the content will not be kept longer than necessary for the purposes for which it was kept (the exact duration varying on a case-by-case basis).
- If you delete or we deactivate your account, these Terms will end as an agreement between you and us.
Agreement and Disagreement
- Your use of music in the Service is also subject to our Music Rules.
- If any provision of this Agreement becomes unenforceable, the remainder will remain in effect.
- Any modification or waiver of our agreement must be in writing and signed by us. Our failure to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver.
- We reserve all rights which are not expressly granted to you.
The beneficiaries under this agreement
- This agreement does not grant any rights to third parties.
- You may not assign your rights or obligations under this Agreement without our consent.
- Our rights and obligations may be assigned to other people. For example in the event of a change of ownership (such as in a merger, acquisition or sale of assets) or if required by law.
The person responsible in the event of an incident.
- Our Service is provided "as is" and we cannot guarantee its ideal and safe operation at all times. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE ALSO DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- In addition, we do not control what people or third parties do or say. We are not responsible for their actions, conduct (online or offline) or content (including illegal or objectionable content), or yours. We are also not responsible for features and services offered by other people or companies, even if you access them through our Service.
- Our liability in the event of an incident occurring on the Service is limited as far as the law allows. If there is a problem with our Service, we cannot know the extent of the possible consequences. You agree that we are not responsible for any loss of profit, income, information or data, or for any consequential, special, indirect, exemplary, punitive or incidental damages arising out of or relating to these Terms. , although we know the possibility. This is the case when we delete your content, information or your account.
The management of disputes.
If you are a consumer, the laws of the country in which you reside shall apply to any claims, grounds for action or disputes brought against us arising out of or relating to the Terms ("claim"). You can take your complaint to any competent court in that country.
Support not requested.
We always welcome comments and other suggestions, but we can use them without limitation or obligation to pay, and we have no obligation to keep them confidential.
Update of these Conditions
We may change our Service and our policies, and we may need to make changes to these Terms in order to conform them faithfully to our Service and our policies. Unless otherwise provided by law, we will notify you (through our Service, for example) before modifying these terms and give you the opportunity to review them before they come into force. Thereafter, if you continue to use the Service, you will be bound by the revised Terms. If you do not wish to accept these Terms or their update, you can delete your account here.
Revised: April 05, 2021